AGPO Certificate: Doing business with government for person living with disability, young people and women has over the years been simplified. Having an Access to Government Procurement Opportunities- AGPO certificate now means that you can get access to 30 percent of government tenders allocated for this special kind of persons. If you fall in this category you must have an AGPO certificate and you will increase your chance of getting government tenders.
Now, to those who are new to the term AGPO certificate, the certificate is issued by National treasury to all persons living with disability, youth and women having business that can supply services and goods to the government. One of the major requirement for any business to be registered under AGPO is that at least 70 percent ownership must belong to women, youth or person living with disability
The whole process of getting the certificate is easy and with less than two weeks you could get it. Below we have outlined how you can get AGPO certificate.
- To get registered and get this certificate will require you to follow below steps
- Visit www.agpo.go.ke and click on sign up, then registration
- To create an account, you will have to by fill in your personal details such first and last name, email address. ID number, date of birth and the create a password and then submit
- After submitting the above details an activation link will be sent to your email address you have submitted
- Login into your email address and click on the link sent to you, if fail to find it in your primary message in your inbox check in you spam
- Login into your account b using your email address and the password you created in the above step 2
- After your login register your business by providing the details requested and attaching the documents needed. Some of the documents required to get AGPO certificate include
AGPO Certificate Documents
For one to succeed in getting an AGPO certificate, you will be required to have the following certificates
- Scanned original copies of ID or passport
- Business Registration or Certificate of Incorporation.
- Copy of PIN Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- For partnership you will need a Partnership Deed
- Memorandum/Articles of Association
- CR12 will be required for a Registered Companies.
- Other certificates from public authorization bodies may be required depending on the kind business you are involved in.
Once your certificate has been approved you get a notification and you will visit treasury or nearest huduma center to get it. You will need to go with your original ID copy. The validity period for the AGPO certificate is two years and there is no fee charged.
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.