Ecitizen Certificate of Good Conduct: Did you know that you can apply for certificate of good conduct through eCitizen?
The reason why many Kenyan require certificate of good conduct is because it is one of the requirement to get government job or any other job including those in private sector. The clearance certificate from Director of Criminal Investigation (DCI) is the only way to prove that you have been involved in any criminal activity.
Previously in Kenya, certificate of good conduct was only issued to a person over 18 years, but currently even a young person below the age of 18 years can apply for the same.
Well, if you are interested to know below we have listed steps you can follow to apply for eCitizen certificate of Good conduct
Certificate of good conduct Kenya
1. Visit www.ecitizen.go.ke to open your eCitizen account and login ( note your login details is either your email address or your ID number
2. Select the link titled get service under the- “Directorate of Criminal Investigations department.”
3. Click on “make application”
4. Read the instructions carefully and then click apply
5. Select the area where you will have your finger prints taken and the date you will go for your finger prints to be taken
6. Select the mode of payment you will use to pay the Kshs 1050 charged to get certificate of good conduct and submit
7. At the top next to make application click on “application history”, the application you have made will be there, at the right cornet click on download icon and print two copies of the invoice you have paid and one copy of C4 finger and palm print form
8. Visit the area you choose to take your finger prints on the specific day you choose.
9. After the application you will wait for approximately 2 weeks to get your certificate of good conduct.
10. You can check in your eCitizen account to know if your certificate is ready, then visit the area you applied to collect it
Documents you will need to apply and get certificate of Good conduct:
- Two copies of the invoice you have paid( from your eCitizen account)
- One copy of C4 finger and palm print form
- Original ID and its photocopy
- For some one below 18 years original birth certificate and copy
Currently certificate on good conduct remains valid for 1 year unlike in the previously where it was only valid for 6 months. Due to the increased cases of teenage criminal activities like burning of schools’ infrastructure, teenage below the age of 18 years may be required to get a certificate of good conduct.
When making this application it is good to note that no one can apply the certificate on your behalf unless they have access to your eCitizen account and login credentials. There are no authorized agents in whom accounts you can use to get eCitizen certificate of good conduct. Also note that when collecting the certificate you will need to represent yourself together with original ID.
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.