How to find the License Agreement for the Installed version of Windows
Learn How to find the License Agreement for the Installed version of Windows. Have you tried to find it so that you can read it and it became so difficult? When installing Windows one is shown the Windows license agreement that provides all the legal language about what one can and cannot do with Windows and the responsibilities of Microsoft.
Steps on how to find the License Agreement for the Installed version of Windows
1. Identify the version of Windows currently installed on your computer.
– For Windows 7 and Windows 8, left-click on the Start Menu,
– Right-click on Computer
– Select Properties
For Windows 10,
– Right-click on the Start Menu and then
– Left-click on the System option.
The System control panel that provides information on what version of Windows you are will be shown.
The above image has Windows 7 professional installed on the computer.
2. Since we already know the version of Windows we are running we can open the folder that contains all of the license agreements for this version of Windows.
Go to the Windows key, Press it, while holding it down, click on the R key to open the Run dialog.
3. Copy and paste the below on the Run dialog and click ok or hit enter
A folder will open that shows individual subfolders for every edition of the Windows version installed on your computer. These folders contain the respective license agreement for that version of Windows.
4. Scroll through the list of folders and double-click on the one that corresponds to the edition of Windows that is installed on your computer. When the folder opens, it will contain a single file called license.rtf. This file is the license agreement for your version of Windows and you can double-click on it to view it in Wordpad or Word, if it is installed.
You can now read it or print it