How to Fix 0xc000007b ERROR
This article shows you how to fix 0xc000007b Error. 0xc000007b “the application was unable to start correctly”. The error is faced on a regular basis by many Windows users. There could be a number of reasons behind the 0xc000007b error occurring.
Windows is one of the most used operating system, although, when accessing some application users have to face some problems and errors. One of the most annoying error users have to face while accessing some application is the error Code 0xc000007b in Windows. The error 0xc000007b mainly appears when you try to open any application.
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
One of the most common reasons for this error to pop-up is when a 32-bit app tries to execute itself in a 64-bit system, the error 0xc00007b occurs.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1
We will highlight an easy way of getting rid of this error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
The 0xc000007b error can be caused by Direct X, Microsoft Visual C++, and .NET Framework issue though there are other causes that can cause this error.
Follow the below steps to see if it works for you.
Solved “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)”
Below are some of the solutions to solve 0xc00007b error. Try following each step to get rid of the application error.
Solution One: Re-install Directx
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
3. Locate and delete the following files:
“xinput1_1.dll”, “xinput1_2.dll”, “xinput1_3.dll” and all other files started with xinput1_*.dll.
4. After the files are deleted, go to the link below to download and run the DirectX setup
5. Run the downloaded file and install Directx.
6. After installation is complete, reboot your computer.
In most cases the “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error is solved. If it does not, proceed to the next solution.
Solution Two: Re-install .NET Framework
At times the error 0xc00007b is caused by a faulty .net framework. To solve the problem, re-install the framework.
First download latest .net framework from here, and then install it and restart your computer. The error is solved. Perfect.
Solution three: Run the Application as an Administrator
The error can occur due to the application running process. One can solve the 0xc000007b error by running the application as an Administrator
• Right Click on the Application .exe File.
• Then Click on the option Run as administrator.
Solution three: Check Your Hard Disk
The issue can also be with the hard disk, check your hard disk to solve the issue.
• Run Command Prompt as administrator in your System.
• Then search for the cmd.exe in the search bar.
– For Windows 7 – Click on the Start Button in the left bottom corner and type cmd.exe in the search bar.
– For Windows 8 – Press the .Search key and type cmd.exe.
• Right Click on the cmd.exe and click on Run as administrator.
• Type chkdsk c: /f /r and press enter.
• It your window is installed in C drive then it will ask you to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N).
• Type Y and press enter.
• Restart your computer
Solution four: Reinstall the application
Uninstall the application that is giving you the error and reinstall it. Pay attention to these during installation:-
1. Turn off your antivirus software before installation.
2. Accept applications that are related to the application but not antivirus scanners, search bars, registry cleaners etc,
3. Install the application to the system partition (C:) though not necessary.
Method Five: Fix Compatibility Issue between System and Application
The application in use might not be compatible with your system due to some file or any other issue. Then you need to Fix Compatibility Issue between System and Application
Run Application in Compatibility Mode:
• Right click on Application icon –> Click on Properties.
• Click on Compatibility tab.
• Check-up the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for“.
• In the drop-down menu that enables, select an earlier version of Windows.
• Click Apply, and then OK.
Check Application Permission:
• Open Application installation folder. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Application Folder
• Right click Application folder –> Click on Properties.
• Click Security tab.
• Check-up Full control. Check the checkbox inside the Allow column.
• Click Apply, and then OK.
The above solutions shows how to fix application error 0xc000007b. If the article helps return us the favor by sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.