- How to Remove Ask.com
- How to Remove Ask.com on Windows 7:
- How to Remove Ask.com on Windows Vista:
- How to Remove Ask.com on Windows XP:
- How to Remove Ask.com on Windows 8:
- How to Change Ask.com homepage
- Removing / Disabling Ask toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Removing or Disabling Ask toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Removing or Disabling Ask.com toolbar from Google Chrome
Learn How to Remove Ask.com, At times you might realize there is a new tool bar which has been installed on your Computer and the homepage has also been changed to the new look. This is sometimes caused by third party software.
You might have installed it without your knowledge, it is important to pay attention to any additional checkboxes when you are installing any software to avoid installation of unwanted applications or toolbars.
Normally, Ask search engine (ask.com) is promoted through other free programs, the moment you have installed the free programs on your PC; they will automatically change your browser homepage and then replace your default search engine.
You might find the Ask toolbar being annoying and you would like to remove it.
How to Remove Ask.com
Below are ways on how you can remove Ask.com
Ask Toolbar Manual Removal
How to Remove Ask.com on Windows 7:
– Go to Start
– Select Control Panel
– Go to Programs
– Click Uninstall a Program
– Select the program with the Ask logo and the text Ask Toolbar
– then Click Uninstall
How to Remove Ask.com on Windows Vista:
– Close all Web browsers which are open
– Go to Start menu in Windows and click on control Panel to open
– Under the Programs, Click Uninstall a program
– Click the program with the Ask logo and the text Ask Toolbar
– Click “Uninstall”
How to Remove Ask.com on Windows XP:
– Go to Start menu in Windows, Click “Control Panel”
– Go to programs, Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
– Select the program with the Ask logo and the text “Ask Toolbar”
– then Click “Change/Remove”
How to Remove Ask.com on Windows 8:
– Go to setting by selecting Windows key+C and then go to Settings,
– Select “Control Panel”
– Click on Programs and Features
– Select the Ask toolbar and uninstall it
How to Change Ask.com homepage
When you have uninstalled, you might also see Ask.com as your homepage when you open a new browser. To remove this or change follow the steps below depending on the browser you are using.
Removing / Disabling Ask toolbar from Internet Explorer
To remove or Disable Ask toolbar from Internet Explorer follow the steps below.
- Open Internet Explorer browser
- Click the option
- Select Manage Add-ons from the sub menu that will open.
- Locate Ask toolbar from the Manage Add-ons window,
- Remove the check mark in the box written
- Select Search Providers
- Choose another search engine and make it your default search provider.
- Then select Ask Search
- Click Remove button to uninstall it.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Removing or Disabling Ask toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
To remove or disable Ask toolbar from Mozilla Firefox follow the steps below.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and then go to
- Find Ask Toolbar from the list of add-ons.
- Remove it or disable.
- Then, go to Firefox and choose Help, and Click Troubleshooting information and Reset
Removing or Disabling Ask.com toolbar from Google Chrome
To remove or disable Ask.com toolbar from Google Chrome follow the steps below.
- OpenGoogle Chrome
- Click the icon located on the right top corner – 3 dots.
- Select More tools.
- Go to Extensions
- Select Select one with Ask You may deletethe toolbar by removing the check mark from the option Enabled.
- Again, Click on Chrome menu button. Select Settings.
- Then click on Manager Search engines button under Search.
- Change your default search engine
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.