How to View hidden files in Windows ME
This article shows you How to View hidden files in Windows ME
These files are hidden to protect them from being accidentally deleted or modified by the user. The files are usually system files. Spyware, Viruses, and hijackers often hide their files this way making it difficult to find them and delete them.
How to enable the viewing of Hidden files in Windows ME follow the steps below:
1. Close all programs.
2. Double-click on My Computer icon on the desktop.
3. Select Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. A new window will open, select the View tab.
5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
6. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
8. Press Apply button and then OK button and close My Computer window.
9. Your computer is now configured to show all hidden files.