Mpesa Rates: Current Mpesa Tarrifs
Searching for Mpesa charges, Mpesa Tarrifs or Mpesa Rates in Kenya? M-pesa has expanded its popularity across the globe and helping a lot of people in making their life better and easier. First, let’s understand what is M-pesa? Many of people in Kenya and across the world are using the platform and don’t know how Mpesa works.
What is M-pesa?
M stands for mobile and pesa is a swahili word for money. M-pesa is simply a mobile phone-based money transfer application. M-Pesa enables the users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money and pay for goods and services through the mobile phone.
Mpesa service allows the registered user to deposit money into an account stored on their cell phones. To be able to Withdrawal money from the mobile phone, visit an Mpesa Agent; follow the simple instructions prompted on the phone which will require you to enter your personal pin in order to withdrawal. To know the Mpesa Charges you can check on the Mpesa Withdrawal Charges Chart.
Mpesa users are normally charged a small fee for sending money and withdrawing money. There are no charges for depositing funds.
M-pesa Services or Products
M-pesa has many services that it offers its users. It enables users to:-
• Deposit and withdraw money
• Make Payment or Settle bills
• Transfer money to other users (Mpesa Unregistered Users and Mpesa Registered Users)
• Buy Goods and Services
• Transfer money from the platform to banks or from banks to M-pesa
• Purchase airtime
Mpesa Charges: Mpesa Rates – Mpesa Tariffs
The Mpesa charges for sending money or mpesa charges for withdrawing money depends on the type of transaction you are undertaking or the amount of money being transacted. Mpesa Transaction Rates depends on the amount of money being transferred and whether the payee is an Mpesa registered user or not.
Mpesa Charges Kenya or the mpesa charges list is a fixed amount for a given range of transaction amount; for instance safaricom charges Kes 44 for a transaction to an unregistered user for a transaction between KSh 101-500.
One can send as little as Kshs 1 on M-PESA for free and make payments through buy goods and paybill for up to Kshs 100 for free. Above Kshs 100 Mpesa Charges Apply.
The maximum amount one can transfer to non-registered user of the system is Kshs 35,000. This is due to Know Your Customer / Anti Money Laundering policy set by the Central Bank of Kenya. The maximum amount one can transfer to a registered user is Kshs 70,000 per transaction. Mpesa Charges are higher to send money to non-registered subscribers.
What is the maximum daily M-pesa transaction limit? The maximum daily M-pesa transaction limit is Ksh 140,000.
Therefore the Mpesa Tariffs increases as the amount increases or the actual cost is pegged on the amount transacted within the platform.
Send or withdrawal money stress free and at affordable rates. Check the Mpesa rates for withdrawal or Mpesa transfer rates and know the amount you will be charged on the Mpesa Charges Chart.
Find the Current Safaricom Mpesa charges for sending and withdrawing money via Safaricom agent, ATM and m-pesa tariffs when transferring money both to registered and un-registered m-pesa users.
Mpesa deposits are free. No Mpesa charges when buying Safaricom airtime through M-pesa.
Below are the Safaricom Mpesa charges, Mpesa Rates, Mpesa Tarrifs or Mpesa Transaction Rates.
The M-PESA charges depend on the amount of cash you are sending or withdrawing.
Mpesa Withdrawal Charges from M-PESA Agent
Mpesa Transfer Charges to Unregistered Users
Mpesa Transfer Charges to Registered M-pesa Users
Mpesa ATM Withdrawal Charges
- The Maximum Account Balance is KShs 100,000
- To be able to transact with Mpesa, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- The Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KShs 140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSh 70,000
- At an M-pesa agent, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account directly. You have to deposit the cash into your account first then transfer to the other person
- One earns Bonga points when they transact on M-PESA.
- To transact or register at any M-PESA Agent, you will be needed to identify yourself by producing your original identification document, that is National ID, Military ID, Passport, Diplomatic ID or Foreigner Certificate or Alien ID
Mpesa Charges Download
Find the Mpesa Charges Download here. Mpesa Charges Download