World Cancer Day is a global day marked on 4 February of every year to raise awareness of cancer. On this day people are educated on cancer prevention, detection, and treatment.
The importance of this day cannot be overlooked as it has helped reduce stigma to cancer patient and also raised support. World Cancer Day was started by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to significantly reduce cancer illness and death caused by cancer by year 2020.Globally different stake holders including governments and individual have taken some initiative to help fight cancer.
Presently, over 8.8 million people die from cancer worldwide every year, out of which, half of them die between the ages of aged 30 to 69 years.
From 2016-2018 the World cancer day has a tagline ‘We can. I can’ and the goal is to explore how everyone whether as an individual or as a community will do their part to reduce the burden associated with cancer. This is because cancer affects everyone in different way and level. On these day people are able to reflect on what difference they can make.
When is World Cancer Day
World Cancer Day is a global day marked on 4 February of every year
Interesting things to know about World Cancer Day
- 2016-2018 Theme is “We can I can”
- The theme colour of World Cancer Day is orange and blue
- World Cancer Day was established on 4 February 2000.
- World Cancer Day is organized by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) -a registered charity in Geneva, Switzerland.
- To support World Cancer Day just get involved with your own activity or support an existing activity from Map of impact from World Cancer Day website.
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.