eCitizen Account is one of the most important accounts that most Kenyan have had to register to in order to get some of the vital government services.
Since eCitizen inauguration in 2014, government service delivery to Kenyans has totally improved. A good example, it is now easy to renew your driving license at the comfort of your home.
Some of the services that will require you to have an eCitizen account include passport application, driving license renewal, business registration, application for certificate of good conduct, application for driving test, application of special number plate for your vehicle, birth certificate application etc
To help you create your eCitizen account we have listed below steps
Steps to get eCitizen Account
Important notes to keep in mind when creating your eCitizen account is
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen or a foreign resident
- You must be above the 18 years
- You must have National Identity Card Number
1. From your internet browser search for : accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/login
2. Below the place where one inputs login details click on create account
3. You will be given several options in which you can create your account, so for Kenyan citizens select Kenya citizen account
4. Enter your ID number and the first name as it appears in your ID
5. Enter the email that you intend to use as your login credentials then create a password. To ensure that the email you have provided is valid you will need to verify it so click on resend verification email and the a verification link will be send to your email
6. Login to your email and click the email sent in your inbox and you email will be verified.
7. The next step is verifying your mobile number; this is the number where once in a while a verification code will be sent to when you chose text message as the mode which verification or new password will be sent.
8. After entering the phone number click on send verification code. Enter the code sent in your phone and you phone number will be verified
9. The last step is to upload photo, the photo to be uploaded should be saved in JPEG
Creating eCitizen account is not chargeable any fee, the account remain valid as long you will be able to remember you login details. However if you happen to at one time forget your password you can still be able to recover your account as explained below
How to recover your eCitizen account
If you have forgot the password to your eCitizen account you can still recover your account.
- On the page where you login to your account click on the link ‘forgot your password?’
- Enter either ID number or email address whichever credential you had chosen when creating your account
- Choose where you would like the reset code to be sent, either email or through a text message.
- After the code has been sent enter in the place provided.
- The next will be to create another new personalized password which you will use in the subsequent logging into your ecitizen account.
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.