NTSA TIMS is a online system that ensure that vehicles owner in the country are able to get services in regard to vehicle registration, vehicle inspection, change of car owner ship and many other service. Through NTSA TIMS you no longer have to visit NTSA offices even if you are selling or buying vehicle
NTSA TIMS website: https://tims.ntsa.go.ke
NTSA TIMS login
To login you will need to have an account and if you do not have one you need to register one as stated below
Visit NTSA TIMS website: https://tims.ntsa.go.ke
1. Click on the link: Register located below the login credentials. Note that you can register as individual where you will use your ID serial number, for a dealer, financial institution and company you will register with KRA PIN number.
2. If you are registering as an individual after verifying your ID serial number you have to enter your Mother’s maiden name, then key in your PIN number in the place provided
3. To continue you will need to provide an email address and a phone number where the verification code will be sent. For the verification code send through the phone your service provider may prompt that you are subscribing to NTSA SMS services.
4. Get the verification code and enter in the place provided and click complete to finish the account registration services
After registering your NTSA TIMS account you can login by
Step 1: Visit NTSA TIMS portal: https://tims.ntsa.go.ke
Enter the login credentials, for individuals use the ID number; companies use the certificate of incorporation number.
After entering the password click on send verification code and the code will be sent to your phone. Note the code should be entered within 60 seconds. If one minute passes without getting the code prompt the system to send you another code
Once you have logged in to your account there are several services that you can access such as
NTSA vehicle search
Through NTSA TIMS it is now possible to know the owner of a certain vehicle. Some of the searches that you can carry out through this system include
1. Vehicle search
Under this section you will be able to search the details of any vehicle, using the vehicle’s registration number or through its chassis number.
2. Motor Vehicle Inspection Centre Search
This allows you to search the details of motor vehicle inspection centres,
3. Public Service Vehicle Search
This permits you to examine the details of public service vehicle
4. Driving School Search
This assists you to search the details of any registered driving school using its name or through allocated driving school code
In regard to the above searches we are going to look further look at:
How to search for a vehicle ownership through NTSA TIMS
Are you planning to but a second-hand vehicle in Kenya?
Well if yes, then you should be able to carry out vehicle search to certify the ownership of the vehicle. To do that follow below outlined steps
Log on to your NTSA TIMS
1. On the upper menu bar click on online search
2. Then click on motor vehicle search and enter the vehicle registration number and click search
3. The process of vehicle search is charged Kshs 550, so choose the mode of payment you prefer and confirm
4. Download the search result
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.