Find Tigo Pesa Tariffs or Tigo Pesa Charges. The following tigo tariffs for sending and cashing out money to and from Tigo Pesa.
Tariffs and charges applicable when sending and receiving money for Tigo Pesa subscribers. Dial *150*01#. Tariffs as of November 2019.
|TIGO PESA CUSTOMER TARIFFS|
|Minimum||Maximum||Send Money to Tigo Pesa||Send Money to Other Networks||Cash out From AGENT/ATM|
|Sending money to unregistered users for TigoPesa and other networks||1,000||1,000,000||Depositing charges + Withdrawing charges|
|– Withdraw money from unregistered TigoPesa user/ other networks||1,000||1,000,000||FREE|
|Change TigoPesa PIN||FREE|
|TigoPesa balance inquiry and Mini statement||50|
|Payments via TigoPesa||Depending on amount|
|Previous month/This month||500|
Tariffs for Sending Money from Wallet to Bank
|Min (TZS)||Max (TZS)|
1. You can send or receive up to TZS 3m per day or deposit up to TZS 5m at once on your Tigo Pesa account once fully registered.
2. When transacting at an agent’s outlet, you will be asked to show your original identification document.
3. Make sure your registration information is correct otherwise dial *106# then 2 or contact Tigo customer service for more assistance.
4 a. For Cash-in , ensure the transaction has completed successfully and the balance on your account is correct and in line with the transaction you have done before leaving the agent premises.
b. For Cash-out, ensure the transaction has completed successfully, the balance in your account is correct in line with your transaction and that you have the right amount of cash before leaving the agent premises
5. Remember to validate receiver’s number whenever you send money to avoid inconvenience.
6. Access to the Tigo Pesa services is PIN protected. You hereby agree to guard your PIN and not disclose it to any third party including Tigo Pesa outlet operators, Tigo staff or any person purporting to have authority to ask for it. Change your PIN frequently.
*All charges and tariffs on the Services are subject to applicable taxes.
*For fees and charges not listed on the website, please call 100 or visit any of our Tigo Shops for assistance.
When you encounter or suspect fraud, please let us know as soon as possible. Unfortunately, mobile money is sometimes used by scam artists and criminals. Tigo has zero tolerance for fraud. To ensure our customers remain safe and protected, we will blacklist and block accounts connected to fraud and report fraudsters to the appropriate authorities for prosecution. To do this, we need your help. Report fraud by dialing 100, or use the simple form below.
10 Tips to Avoid Mobile Money Fraud
1. Change your Tigo Pesa PIN regularly and do not write/store your PIN in a way that can be easily read by another person.
2. Never share or disclose your PIN, personal or financial information to anyone, even if they claim to be a representative of Tigo.
a. Tigo will NEVER ask for your PIN, it’s yours and yours alone.
3. Remember if your PIN is not well protected you stand a risk of loosing money
4. If your Tigo Pesa account is linked to other financial products like simbanking, use a separate PIN for each to minimize exposure risk.
5. Always validate the recipient number and name displayed before entering your PIN for transaction confirmation to avoid wrong transfers
6. When making a payment on behalf of someone else, it is safer to receive the instructions in-person and not via SMS or email.
7. It is safest to transact with people and businesses you know and trust.
8. When transacting with a stranger or unknown business: Do not pay in advance, pay after you have received and inspected the product or service you are buying.
9. Most importantly, always use your own good sense, and follow your instincts.
a. If something seems too good to be true, ask a lot of questions and proceed with great caution.
b. Do not make a payment until you are 100% comfortable the transaction is genuine.
10. In the event you transact and realize its fraud, dial 100 immediately and follow instructions to report and get the transaction blocked before the money is withdrawn.
Ekopa Mag is One stop shop for all your technology needs, Catchy Slogans, SEO, Online Banking, Technology Solutions, how to fix or Solve problems, Gadget reviews, Latest Apps, Technology news, analysis, latest mobile phones in the market, Entrepreneur, Smartphone, Lifestyle and much more.